Highland bands size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nyresq

Contributor
Reaction score
Question-
Are highland bands made different sizes for specific tank-manifold combinations?
I see on their website it says when you order them be specific as to tank and manifold brand.
how much of a difference is there in size between a DR manifold to a halcyon manifold to a sea elite??
I thought you just ordered 7.25" bands for 7.25" tanks or 8" bands for 8" tanks etc....
Do you need to be specific as to brand?
I'm looking for a set of bands for E-7s with a 300 bar sea elite manifold and have found some bands on sale for a good price, but they just specify 7.25"... no tank or manifold brand.
I have also looked at other brands who do not size it to manifold brands, just tank size.
can anyone shed some light on it? is there really a difference and if so how much?:confused:

As I recall from a thread on TDS, the DR and Sea Elite are the same , and are slightly narrower (about an eighth of an inch, as I recall) than the Thermo. I forget where the Halcyon and Genesis fit in. If you got bands for the narrower manifolds, and stuck the Thermo on, it may wedge the tanks apart a little, not good... If you had bands for the thermo, but used a narrower manifold, you'd just have a couple threads showing on each side, not a big deal, but not Ideal.

Do a search, I know there was a thread where the center to center distance of each was shown.

Hope that helped,

Darlene

Not only does Highland whan to know the cylinder and the manifold, they want to know what kind of backplate -- they ship different length bolts for different backplates.

Roak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom