High hopes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gombessa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499

.SAT...NW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 3 TO 5 FT.
NW SWELL 5 TO 7 FT AT 13 SECONDS AND SW 2 FT AT 15 SECONDS.

.SUN...NW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 3 TO 5 FT.
NW SWELL 4 TO 6 FT AND S 2 TO 3 FT.

Looks like we can expect some calm waters for the weekend. Where's everybody headed (don't tell me you're all dived out from the M&G last weekend!)?

Looks promising..thanks for posting that!

Ill be at PL! Hoping for some decent viz..?

Ken..I know its near impossible, but where are itchy and scratchy? I do remember the tire in the sand ? Are they anywhere near that..?

Ill be there on 6/6 as well..maybe we can finally meet? You are usually there the first sat of the month right?

Drew

And last weekend wasn't really about the swell or wind. The water was just nasty.

Yeah, viz is just plain variable, to the point of being effectively random if judging by the conditions report. However, that does give me the motivation to truck my gear down even on iffy days! You Sacto folks do have a bit more of a commute, I think I would probably be a bit more cautious as well if the commute were longer than 2 hours.

Ill be at PL! Hoping for some decent viz..?

Ken..I know its near impossible, but where are itchy and scratchy? I do remember the tire in the sand ? Are they anywhere near that..?

Ill be there on 6/6 as well..maybe we can finally meet? You are usually there the first sat of the month right?

I'll be at Lobos this Sunday, and also 6/6, so it'd be great to meet up!

As for Itchy and Scratchy, I've only seen them once, and I was playing tourist so I'd probably never find them on my own. The only thing I remember is that the sand is at about 30ft, and they're in a crack at the top of the reef (at about 15ft). This is at the shallower, southern end of Middle Reef, so it's not in any real proximity to either the HITW tire or the GPW tire. Sorry, I know that doesn't help much!

Well hell..missed you by a day-Im headed there tommorrow. Ill post a report for you when I get home.

Yeah..I knew it was a long shot. Ive never seen a wolfie at PL? Thanks for the effort though? Ill look for you in June on the 6th!

Drew

Yesterday 4/10 White caps across the bay. Viz at Lover's Point @ 15'.

Anyone want to dive Butterfly house tomorrow?

Sunday: Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming NW 5 to 10 kt in the morning. Patchy fog before 11am. WNW swell 4 feet at 11 seconds. Wind waves around 1 ft.

Back
Top Bottom