Hidden Paradise, St. Paul, IN...also lost & found

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

terfmop

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey all,

I was at Hidden Paradise for two dives. This was my first time diving at HP and I had a good time. We pulled up at 9:30 am and the lady attending to the office jokingly called us nuts for diving on such a chilly day.
The air temp on the first dive was about 37-40....surface temp of the water was 47 degrees, the bottom temp was 51-52degrees (18'). There was no drastic thermocline. Visibility was 15' on the first dive.....the second dive, 15-20' (the sun came out briefly).
We found the sailboat, motor boat, trampoline, a old riding lawn mower, small bike, rowboat. The bass were a bit lethargic. The spoonbills were a bit skittish but easily observed.
I recovered a pair of military dog tags on the first dive. I receovered a mask and snorkel on the second dive. I was going to leave it with folks there at HP, but they said they have a bunch of stuff in their lost & found and the mask/snorkel would probably just sit. So I am posting this to see if anyone on SB has lost a mask & snorkel at Hidden Paradise.

I thought you were going to Mermet?

That was the original plan, but I had to be back in Terre Haute by 6 so we changed plans at the last minute since Mermet is 'bout 3hours away. After taking the time of driving there and back into account I thought I'd really be pushing it to make it back to Terre Haute by 6 that day. If the weather doesn't get significantly colder, I'll be able to go back out to HP on the 1st.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom