HID light covers, what do you use???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BGF

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
well I finally upgraded from my old UK d8 led, to a 15w 1000 lumen DR HID :D, and now I'm wondering how to best protect it when not in it's case (like while on the boat)? One of my buddies had luck finding a coozie and just putting it over the light head, but I'm wondering what others use? Has anyone made anything from neoprene? How should I best protect my new investment? thx!!

No need to make anything where a great solution exists. The coozie is your gold standard. The thicker foam ones work just fine, they stretch just a little to fit over the reflector. The other thing you can run into is losing them, so cheaper is better. I typically put mine over the reflector and slide it on so there's still an inch or so between the interior bottom of the coozie and the end of the bulb test tube.

Just make sure you take it off before powering up the light (on purpose or accidentally).

John

Beer coozie on the lighthead works for me, and during transport (or on the boat) I take the can off the rig and put it back in its case.

I use a coozie too.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Finished.jpg
    Finished.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 401
well I guess a coozie it is! Thanks for the replies. Time for a night dive!

Back
Top Bottom