Hibiscus Dive, Sunday April 2nd.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sbijou

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Weather permitting, anyone up for an 8:00 am dive on Sunday, the 2nd at Hibiscus, L.B.S.?

Steve

The weather should be nice... but be prepared for low viz - by our standards. Looking out my window today, I can tell you it looks really churned up.

We're doing a boat dive tomorrow...

sbijou:
Weather permitting, anyone up for an 8:00 am dive on Sunday, the 2nd at Hibiscus, L.B.S.?

Steve

Steve,
See you there! I'm packing up right now.... I should be there around 8AM.

Al

Wonder if I missed you guys....decided to hit the beach just for the fun of it in front of Marvel's....plenty of divers; none I recognized; looked like gorgeous water conditions. Hope it was a good dive!
I don't shore dive so well during the winter....I'm ready to head back in by the time we just hit the reef, but I'll be out there again soon, since I hear the water's warming up fast this year!

Krista,
Sorry we missed you. I was there with ScubaKat11 and FLDiveJunkie. Steve was in the first parking space, and we had the second. Steve left after the first dive, and he opened a parking spot for IDive2. Also, there were a couple of new ScubaBoard members there... I don't know their names or handles. Then, Diver11 (I think that's what his handle is) from Clewiston came by and introduced himself. I talked to him about a year ago in regards to diving with kids... So, it was a great ScubaBoard day out there.

The conditions were excellent. The seas were almost flat on the first dive, and they started kicking up a bit during the second dive. The viz was excellent!!! It was an easy 30-40'. I'm sure glad Howarde was wrong. It was beautiful. The water temp bounced between 73.8 and 75. It's warming up slowly... Hurry up 80!!!

ScubaKat11 completed her Nitrox cert today. Yeah!!! No more 30 minute dives in WPB. (The PADI age limit is 15, but SSI is 12...)

Al

Scuba_Dad:
Krista,
Sorry we missed you. I was there with ScubaKat11 and FLDiveJunkie. Steve was in the first parking space, and we had the second. Steve left after the first dive, and he opened a parking spot for IDive2. Also, there were a couple of new ScubaBoard members there... I don't know their names or handles. Then, Diver11 (I think that's what his handle is) from Clewiston came by and introduced himself. I talked to him about a year ago in regards to diving with kids... So, it was a great ScubaBoard day out there.

The conditions were excellent. The seas were almost flat on the first dive, and they started kicking up a bit during the second dive. The viz was excellent!!! It was an easy 30-40'. I'm sure glad Howarde was wrong. It was beautiful. The water temp bounced between 73.8 and 75. It's warming up slowly... Hurry up 80!!!

ScubaKat11 completed her Nitrox cert today. Yeah!!! No more 30 minute dives in WPB. (The PADI age limit is 15, but SSI is 12...)

Al

That's great that the viz was good... because it SUCKED on Tenneco, and the other wrecks we did today. 30-40' viz out here is GREAT! Now I wish we had filled up our tanks and run into the water when we got home from the boat dives.

Shhh... don't tell my wife that the viz was great, otherwise I'll be in trouble.

KBeck:
Sounds like fun; I belive I did see you guys, as a young diver (Kat, I'm guessing) is hard to miss. Sorry I didn't introduce myself, however...........there was another pair there, looked like Dad and son @ age 10 or 11.

If I would have noticed you, I would have recognized you. I believe all the divers there were ScubaBoard divers or with a ScubaBoard diver.

The Dad and son was Diver_11 and son.

Yes! It was a great fun day of diving. Don't worry Howarde, I won't tell your wife.

Al

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom