Hi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I just joined tonight. I want to dive alot next year and I'm a bigginner OW should i rent my gear or buy it. money is not a problem. and i plan to dive the rest of my life! any help would be Great
Jo'l

IMHO....buy your gear. But first,,,,try out a lot of different types. Try back inflate bcds....vest style....bp and wings ...point is...try out as much different gear as you can before you put the money down. You will be much happier in the long run and have to re-buy less gear.

Buy your own, but I would have to agree try as much different gear as possible. I jumped in and bought what the LDS that I trained with told me to buy and boy was that a waste of money. Buy once, buy right!

..it's a great source for the newbie. Use the search function, and just nose around. You'll get an idea of what's out there: gear configurations, brands, dealers, etc.
IMHO, the best part is being able to pick the brains of divers with a wide range of knowledge and experience.

Back
Top Bottom