Hi ya'all

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is a first look at my dive environment. Let me know how it comes through.

Of course this is summer but functionally the same. Water temps range from 50 to about 34, 36 last week at 80'. Lots of whales, sea lions, octos, wolf eels and prow fish. Check that guy out on the net! A more beautiful place I have yet to find. Did some Florida diving last year and am planning on some Sea of Cortez this year.

Hey liveordive:

Welcome to the forum. See your from Alaska.. Don't get a chance to meet to many divers from your state. Was wondering thou, you mentioned the diving was great up their. What the average water temp. and between what months is it diveable.

Was once made a pit stop over Anchorage about January, and the air temp then was about -50 de. f. To freaken cold i imagine to do any diving in january.

I quess it is Drysuit country all year....right. lol

Safe diving to ya all!:wink:

Hey Garfish, This is the time of year to dive. Too freaken cold to do anything else. We just keep small bats handy to wack each other with to break the ice. Guess most would settle with a glass of wine and small talk as an ice breaker!

Seriously, King crab are at about seventy feet, the water IS warmer than the air so why not? Wind causes us more problems, can't take the boat anywhere in gales.

I'll trade a week off eastern central and southern florida for a week in alaska, catching a king crab sounds like to much fun, I've lost the will for lobster, but crabs sound real good

Aloha from Hawaii!I was in Alaska for about 3 years but that was in Fairbanks so don't count much for diving being in the middle n all.

Jen

Welcome Liveordive. Great pic. Where did you take it. I grew up on vancouver island in B.C so that picture really brings back great memories. Am going whale watching myself this summer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom