Hi to all

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverjohn

Reaction score
Just thought I would do the intro thing. I live in Brownwood but work in Austin during the week and dive Lake Travis. I got hooked on scuba in 1999 when my wife and I visited our son in Ft. Lauderdale (why he moved there I can't remember but I am glad he did) and we did a snorkel trip with Pro Dive. The warm clear water really hooked me. We had lived in Califonia for while and went to Santa Cruz a lot. That cold Pacific water turned you blue before you got knee deep even in the summer. I was so jealous of the folks from another bost who were down on the bottom in Ft. Lauderdale that I made up my mind to get certified. After we came back, I found a dive shop here in Austin (Pisces on 2222) and had my PADI OW by the end of September. I made my first blue water trip to Bonaire in July of 2001 - if you haven't been there you need to go.

I have been trying to get my wife to get her c-card - she has at least talked to an instructor so I am getting close.

We both have been snorkelers for years - so she is not afraid of the water - just that being 60 ft down thing she needs to get over I think.

If anyone from Austin is up to afternoon dives on Tuesdays and Thursdays let me know. I get off work at 3:00 and am in the water by 4:00 or 4:30 when I can find someone to buddy with.

and welcome to the board.

I'm sure you'll find each and every visit here worthwhile.

Hola, buenos dias y bienvenido
A hearty welcome from Wisconsin

welcome to the board!

diverjohn once bubbled...
We had lived in Califonia for while and went to Santa Cruz a lot. That cold Pacific water turned you blue before you got knee deep even in the summer. I was so jealous of the folks from another bost who were down on the bottom in Ft. Lauderdale that I made up my mind to get certified.

WELCOME to the scubaboard.

Hey ... I came from the Bay Area where I spent many an afternoon and weekend speeding over hwy 17 to get to Santa Cruz, I'd spend 4 and 5 continuous hours in the surf with nothing but a bathing suit on - I never turned blue. I now live in So Cal. where diving is fantastic year round and you don't need a dry suit to stay comfortable. It's world-class here and I'm not jealous of anywhere else. Come back this way again sometime and I'll show you the underwater world you never got to see.

Again welcome :)

There's a bunch of us from Austin on the board! May I suggest you visit the Texas Swamp Diving Team area lower in the list - and you'll see a list of all of us - - - And also lots of activity discussion.

That said - I'd love to join you, but my working hours sort of lean towards late. Perhaps some weekend on Travis - I also dive Aquarena a lot.

Welcome to the Board DiverJohn.

I hope you are able to talk your wife around - there's nothing nicer than a meaningful glance from your significant other while underwater!:1st:

Hope you find lots of useful info on the Board!

Back
Top Bottom