hi new to board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok Rick,
What do you want? Just ask for it. Anything for some fresh lobster and my next favorite thing to it, corn breaded flounder.
Yummy! (On my knees begging)
Name your price.
:sunny:

And remember she's a trip coordinator, so I would get all I can out of her!

Hey Nat, when's your move to Houston?

Send some lobster my way too. Now I can't offer great deals for travel, but what do say to some maple syrup? (The real stuff not that coloured, flavoured stuff)

Oh yes, welcome to the board from Canada!

Welcome to the board....
I'm also from the Boston area, but I'm very new to diving.
My husband and I did our classroom and pool up here and got certified in the BVIs (did 8 dives). I just did my first cold water dive in Rockportlast week. It didn't go well. My mask kept taking in water like a seive. I didn't have any problems with it in the BVI's, so I'm not sure what the problem was. I'm not giving up though....I was surprised that the only thing that felt cold was my fingers. I think I'll try a differnt mask next time. Any suggestions?

Hey Eileen,

From a fellow MASS diver, here are some suggestions/probable causes:

- Hair under the mask skirt
- Have your buddy/husband check your hood to make sure the mask is underneath the hood -- mask skirts sometimes get caught on the hood, causing leaks
- Mask strap needs to be tightened -- I sometimes forget to check the "tightness" of my mask before entering the water your mask can loosen up when you take it off after a dive

i do 95% of my diving in the rockport area its real nice there! I went night diving friday at the light house in york maine. Water temp was 47 degrees cold at first but was fine after a few minutes. As far a lobsters go my friends
must have a tracking device on my scuba gear. every time i come home my driveway is full of cars. funny how that happens hehe!! cyas Rick

Thanks for the tips. Now I'm sure that the hood had a lot to do with the leakage. I remember trying to get the hood over the top of my mask, but the rim of the hood and my top of mask barely met. I only had the sides of the mask under my hood. And probably once I started clearing my mask a million times the hood probably wasn't over it at all. I'll have to work on this. I either need I different wet suit (it was rented) or a different mask.
Thanks again.

Wow, 600+ dives... welcome to the boards, Im sure many of us will be able to learn much from your experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom