Hi! New Diver Here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

soldierboy:
I just got certified last month and ready to get information on dive equipment. I'm looking for information about an easy breathing reg and a nice price BC. Any thoughts?
:confused:

Where did you get certified at?

Oceanic or Mares has some great starter gear you may want to check out:

Oceanic Package

Oceanic Pro QLR ( integrated weights)
Alpha 8 regulator
Alpha 8 octo about
Pressure/depth/compass gauges

Mares Package

Mares Vector Epic
Mr 12 Rebel
Rebel octopus
Pressure/depth/compass gauges

What kind of budget do you have? What kind of diving will you be doing now and in the future? Where are you located in the DFW Metroplex so we can direct you to a Local dive shop to get you started on information.

Hey, I've got and old O2 bottle from my weld shop and my cusin over there in Austin has some hydraulic hose we can hook up and make a Schooba rig with.. :diver:

No, really, welcome. Rent your stuff until you are sure you are really into it. Also check out ebay. You can buy used and have it rebuilt and it should work as well as brand new.

Oh, except get a new wet suit. I wouldn't swim in any body elses pee.

So is Soldierboy your handel because you are Army, Guard, USMC?

I got certified through Scubatoys in Carrollton.
And I'm about to retire from the Army.

Welcome Soldierboy...There is nothing wrong with Quality used equipment. Also you have a great resource at Scubatoys! There customer service is second to none!! They are awesome! (I am just an internet customer, I have never been to the shop).

Welcome to the board, can't really tell you much more than everyone else has already, so just a great big WELCOJME.

Back
Top Bottom