Hi I'm New To The Forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Gypsyjim - thanks for the note - I don't think I'm going to make it Bonaire - I'm going to Florida in March and won't be able to take the extra vacation time but sure wish I could go - I've always wanted to go to Bonaire - it sounds like a great time - I will join the DNY group though - thanks so much for the info and have a great week!

Welcome to ScubaBoard, Michelle.

Please stop by Dive NY forum and post with us. Hopefully you'll come out and dive with us too.

Bummer you cannot join us in Bonaire. Which wrecks did you recently dive in FL?

Welcome Michelle....Get a Dry Suit, many wrecks up here
wrecks and a lot of lobster I bet - mmmmmm.......................... lobster.........................

wrecks and a lot of lobster I bet - mmmmmm.......................... lobster.........................

And real lobster....with a claw :wink:. I have to second the drysuit so that your dive season can be extended. Welcome to the board.

Hi Gypsyjim - thanks for the note - I don't think I'm going to make it Bonaire - I'm going to Florida in March and won't be able to take the extra vacation time but sure wish I could go - I've always wanted to go to Bonaire - it sounds like a great time - I will join the DNY group though - thanks so much for the info and have a great week!

It is too bad you can't make the DNY Bonaire trip this coming June. It will be the first time quite a few of our DNY friends have been to Bonaire, and is the very first trip of this sort I have tried setting up. We are all splitting the comps/discounts equally among all DNY and friends participating, instead of anyone making a profit on the trip, outside of the resort and vacation packaging people.

If this trip flies as well as we expect, we are thinking of future trips, and maybe even a DNY live aboard trip in the near future.

Our DNY group is a loosely (a bit too loose, some of us, we have heard. Hence the Asylum label :D) knitted group of regional divers. Many train and play regularly at Dutch Springs, and members are active divers with many different interests and backgrounds. Come out meet, dive and play with us.

Hi ScubaSam - I dove the Vandenberg and the Caymen wrecks - they were great. I wish I could go to Bonaire - that's one of the places on my VERY long list of place to dive. I just joined the DNY group and I'm waiting for approval - OceansBlue gave the group and the Engagement Forum rave reviews - can't wait to chat with you guys - you sound like a lot of fun. He also told me about the Turkey Fry at Dutch Springs the 13 and 14th.

Have a great day!
Michelle

lol - OMG I love lobster - thanks for the warm welcome I'm happy to be here and hope I make lots of friends!

Hi ScubaSam - I dove the Vandenberg and the Caymen wrecks - they were great. I wish I could go to Bonaire - that's one of the places on my VERY long list of place to dive. I just joined the DNY group and I'm waiting for approval - OceansBlue gave the group and the Engagement Forum rave reviews - can't wait to chat with you guys - you sound like a lot of fun. He also told me about the Turkey Fry at Dutch Springs the 13 and 14th.

Have a great day!
Michelle

Vandenburg is a great dive and it was special cause I did it on my birthday, a few weeks after it was sunk.

You should come to the Turkey Fry, even if you're not diving, and meet the DNY group. You'll see why I love them so much. Just a bunch of lunatics who love to dive and to eat, an important combo, don't ya think.

I've yet to meet OceanBlue (Doug). He always shows up at Dutch on the weekends I'm not here, I should take it personally but I won't cause he still posts with me online. :rofl3:

Please consider coming to the Turkey Fry.

Welcome to the Board Michelle!! Hope to see you on one of our Jersey Wreck dives!! Feel free to contact us if you need help with any of you diving needs!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom