Hi, I'm a new diver - From Durham, UK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chr1sp

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have just done my Padi open water and advanced while on holiday on my own in Fuerteventua - I can't believe it's taken me 55 years to experience scuba. I arrived home last Saturday and have already booked to go to Lloret de Mar next month for a long weekend to dive. I'm hooked just wish the waters around the UK were warmer as I don't fancy dry suit diving in the cold. I suppose it's a good excuse for loads of long weekends away and an opportunity to meet loads of other divers x

From the UK, Red Sea diving is popular and easy to get to AFAIK. And so inexpensive now too!

Thanks I've heard it's good diving there and hopefully might get there next year. At the moment I'm looking for quick flights and if I go Saturday-Tuesday it only costs me 2 days holidays at work. x

I have just done my Padi open water and advanced while on holiday on my own in Fuerteventua - I can't believe it's taken me 55 years to experience scuba. I arrived home last Saturday and have already booked to go to Lloret de Mar next month for a long weekend to dive. I'm hooked just wish the waters around the UK were warmer as I don't fancy dry suit diving in the cold. I suppose it's a good excuse for loads of long weekends away and an opportunity to meet loads of other divers x
HI and welcome to the undersea world.

Don't dismiss UK diving out of hand there is loads of life. Yes a dry-suit does help, but it keeps us warm and I often spend an hour per dive. I've just done a week in West Wales which was a toasty 11/12'C.

I'm not dismissing UK diving altogether but want to get experience in warmer waters first without dry suits. I'm eager to get as much diving as possibe. X

Some of us do cold water from the start! I’ve not hit warm water yet.

Back
Top Bottom