Hi, I want to dive more !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alec_S

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi, i'm interested in taking a PADI Dive Master course. I've been looking into 5 star PADI dive shops and have been thinking about doing a course in Indonesia. I was wondering if their were certain places/instructors that would benefit me most ? I'm planning on doing my IDC and making diving a career. Any advice/tips ?

Last edited:
Hello and welcome...I want to dive more too! lol.
It's hard to tell from knowing so much about you where would best benefit you. :p It really depends what you want. However, if I can suggest...get yourself to Indonesia. Pick a place you want to spend time, visit many of the shops, talk to the instructors. Then pick the one you feel you would fit and learn well from. I am assuming you mean dive master (and not master diver, as this is a different certification) as you want to go on to do your IDC. Some places have a scheduled start date (like the first of every month, etc) but most are flexible and will let you start whenever you want. If you plan to do you IDC you might want to look up when the Exams are held in the location you choose. They are usually only offered 4-5 times a year in each location (though maybe more in popular areas).

As for locations to check out...Bali and Lombok (including the Gili Islands) are the most popular, I'd say. Plenty of dive shops to choose from and you can find super touristy/party areas, or more chilled and relaxed areas in both. Other great diving locations include Komodo and Manado/lembeh straits in North Sulawesi.
I've never instructed in Indonesia, but traveled and dived there a lot; the diving will be pretty great wherever you go in Indonesia.

Hope that helps.

howdy and welcome from southeast Florida ....good luck with your training.

Last edited:
Don't know if its appropriate to reply with thanks here but, thanks for the welcome and advice !

Back
Top Bottom