Hi guys, Is this worth my money?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wyki

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Well as the topics title states it is it? I'm looking into buying some regulators and stuff as I already have my own BC and the rest of the stuff (weights,wetsuit,masks,fins,snorkel) so I'm searching for something used but good. I dont to go out and waste 500+ . And I came across this and was wondering if it is worth it? What model is the chrome one? And is it good? Could I still do services to it and the such. What are your thoughts and opinions on them. Thanks in advance.

$(KGrHqJ,!o4FHFU5mrPJBR3,NjPryw~~60_57.jpg$(KGrHqJ,!rYFG-llUoTCBR3,Nw25Gg~~60_57.jpg

Attachments

• $(KGrHqR,!nwFG0vhcdDsBR3,NWHDD!~~60_14.jpg
    $(KGrHqR,!nwFG0vhcdDsBR3,NWHDD!~~60_14.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 167
You didn't mention what the asking price was for the regs. Also, are you comfortable working on them or do you know someone that can work on older equipment? Some of the older regs are bulletproof builds and can be kept in service for a long, long time. If you knew the model numbers that might help (or maybe others are better at identifying older SP regs on sight?)

Short answer: could well be a good deal if you know you can service them and the price is right.

I would not buy them. They look like they should be in a museum. I see this stuff often on craigslist, where a diver bought all new gear years ago and never used now they are trying to sell it. I suggest if you want help you post the price your willing to pay for a set. There are many deals on the internet

Right now apex has a deal buy a primary regulator and get a secondary free until oct 31st. I suggest looking into this and adding a standard console. Check your local show or sites like north east scuba supply , scuba toys and others .

Hi guys thanks for the reply.. asking price is around $150 USD. I wouldnt mind working on it if the tools and parts are available. :confused: I like doing technical work so.. but I'll keep looking if thats the case...

No, that's way too high. At $25-$50 I'd have told you to give it a shot. At $150+parts+service labor you're well on your way toward a new set of HOGs. If you don't have the tools it will end up costing you more to buy and fix this thing yourself than if you just bought new regs (reg repair tools aren't terribly expensive, but you'll spend a few hundred dollars getting set up).

I say pass.

I would not buy them. They look like they should be in a museum. I see this stuff often on craigslist, where a diver bought all new gear years ago and never used now they are trying to sell it. I suggest if you want help you post the price your willing to pay for a set. There are many deals on the internet

Right now apex has a deal buy a primary regulator and get a secondary free until oct 31st. I suggest looking into this and adding a standard console. Check your local show or sites like north east scuba supply , scuba toys and others .

So what is it they look like to you or is it just that they look old and you don't know much about old regulators?

That 2nd stage is one of the most popular and in demand older 2nds around. The 1sy stage is a 25 +/- y/o Scubapro balanced piston - also still quite popular. But $150 is too much for me. I usually figure about $30 per stage. That 2nd stage will probably require a poppet upgrade to make it useable.

AS AWAP said, 2/3 of that is one heck of a legendary set of gear (know nothing about the octo), and still quite usable if you know the right folks. The price, however, it not good....

genxweb's comment is what I would expect from someone that make a living from a dive shop....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom