Hi from the UK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UKPhil

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone from Harlow in the South East UK. Just qualified as a PADI AOW and Rescue Diver after a five year gap from the Open Water course and have caught the diving bug! With 30 dives and Rescue Cert. I feel I'm just starting out, I would say to anyone in the early stages and lacking confidence (as I was) that it will fall into place and is well worth the effort. As other's have said, finding a good instructor you feel at ease with and taking your time is the key regardless of agency; I did my OW in 5 days and didn't feel confident, but my AOW / Rescue was spread over the last six months, with a couple of dive trips in between. I felt I got a lot more out of doing it this way, and made more friends along the way!

happy diving to all!

Hi, Phil!
Welcome! How did you find getting back into the cert process after 5 years? Some relearning, I'd guess. Where did you get your BOW in 5 days? I'm planning on that in a couple weeks being the newbiest of newbies.
Terry

Hello Phil, greeting from Sunny San Diego, CA. Welcome to the ScubaSource family! Glad to have you aboard!

HELLO PHIL!

Welcome to ScubaBoard.
I am sooo pleased to have someone on the board from :
1) the South-East UK
2) someone so close.

I'm from Colchester, Essex. Not far from you at all. When I move in a few weeks, I'll be even close - in the Thurrock area. But dont worry, I don't plan on stalking you...yet anyway!!!! x

Anyway, ScubaBoard is a great place to pick up extra information!

Welcome to the board from Melbourne, Florida.

Was born in Epping many many moons ago, and lived in Harlow until I was 9, when my family moved to the States. Now living in SF, California. Welcome!

from a half English diver in Thailand! And congrats on getting back into diving after so long. It must feel great.

Looking forward to hearing about your adventures in the water.

Cheers
:)

thanks everyone for the good wishes, next big trip is to Sharm at Xmas, with my wife Geraldine who is also a diver, but in the meantime will do some 'fun' diving at Capernwray quarry in the NW UK Check out this Link

terrydarc, I did the OW in 5 days in Birmingham at a place that doesn't exist anymore, but I think quite a few of the UK PADI centres do it. I think my choice now would be a week in Egypt (Explorers Tours do the course all in including accommadation + flights for around £400!).

ScubaBaby, if you're moving to Thurrock, you'll have the joys of diving at Lakeside to look forward to... ;-)

regards and good diving,

Phil

Fraid I've been there and done that - and still smell from the pleasurable experience!!!???

After my experience of having a whole heap of zero vis...i dont think i will be swimming round that lake again anytime soon lol xxxx

Nice to have another Brit on board!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom