Hi, from sunny FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildbill

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Even Though That I have lived in Florida all my life I am just starting into diving. I will be taking my open water cert. dives this Saturday (07-27-02). Nothing fancy will go out by boat to about 45-50 feet of water probably check out some reefs.:sharky:

welcome to the board Wildbill (this isnt Bill Clinton is it?) hehehe.
good luck on your ow and enjoy the board:)

Another Floridian, huh? How I envy your warm water. It are chilly here!

Greetings WildBill,

Isn't just learning to dive in Florida like just learning to ski for someone here in Colorado? Don't worry, I know plenty of folks who have just waited and turned out to be its biggest fans.

Enjoy yourself and always remember to practice your skills!

Peace and Bubbles,

Jeff

Good luck on your dives this weekend! I was certified in March in a gratto....your water should be a lot warmer than what mine was. Knock 'em dead! Let me know if you see any sharks. You would think since I live and dive in Florida also, that I would see some sharks. None yet :( :sharky:

Wow, thanks for the replies and words of encouragement. To answer a few questions....
Amber- I might see some I'll be off the Ft. Myers/Naples coast. I grew up in Venice which is the Sharks Teeth Capitol of the World they say, and I know they used to catch Sharks weekly off the City Pier.

DenverCoJeff- Yes swimming and boating are quite common here, Venice is right on the Gulf, a very beautiful beach but when you can go there anytime day or night you don't seem to care to. I also get a kick out of "Snow Birds" that are amazed at seeing an Orange or Grapefriut Tree. On the flip side though when I saw snowfall for the first time when I was 26 yoa people around me must have thought I was nuts running around like a kid!!!

Thanks again,:) :)

he is from your area! Awesome instructor too! You might also want to check out group trips (esp Wreckmania threads) and of course the Conch Divers section as well!

And oh yeah, welcome to the best board, SCUBA or otherwise on the net.

I'm know all about Venice. I'm in North Port at my mom's house now. We really do have nice beaches here. I wouldn't trade them for anthing.:wave:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom