Hi from SC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

berniechip2003:
Hi,

Anyone been diving in Lake Murray. I just moved here from PA and was looking for some info.

Hi, and welcome to SC. I have not dove in Lake Murray, although I know that Wateree Divers in Columbia does. You may want to go by and see them, they are very nice folks. They are on Burning Bush off the St. Andrews exit heading up I-26 North.

You may also want to check out Lake Jocassee and Lake Keowee up in the NW part of the state, and also the Cooper River and environs in the lower part of the state for artifact diving. In addition, there is great wreck diving off of both the SC and NC coasts. There is lots of information on the board regarding both.

Best wishes, and hope you enjoy SC

Welcome to SC. Haven't been in Lake Murkey Heehee I mean Lake Murray but there is lots of great diving in SC. To my understanding the water levels change a great deal and swiftly there; and you need a boat to dive it. Don't really know.... Your welcome to join any of our dive outtings. We typically post them here but you can check www.deepsouthdivers.org for our calendar also.

R

backinthewater:
Hi, and welcome to SC. I have not dove in Lake Murray, although I know that Wateree Divers in Columbia does. You may want to go by and see them, they are very nice folks. They are on Burning Bush off the St. Andrews exit heading up I-26 North.

You may also want to check out Lake Jocassee and Lake Keowee up in the NW part of the state, and also the Cooper River and environs in the lower part of the state for artifact diving. In addition, there is great wreck diving off of both the SC and NC coasts. There is lots of information on the board regarding both.

Best wishes, and hope you enjoy SC

Hey Backinthe water,
Thanks for the info. I emailed the guy from Wateree dive center about some additional classes and he seemed pretty cool, got right back to me. I'll ask him about Lake Murray.
I was thinking of going to Jocassee next week, I heard it's really clear. Do you know if there's any good shore diving or do you need a boat? Thanks again.

RavenC:
Welcome to SC. Haven't been in Lake Murkey Heehee I mean Lake Murray but there is lots of great diving in SC. To my understanding the water levels change a great deal and swiftly there; and you need a boat to dive it. Don't really know.... Your welcome to join any of our dive outtings. We typically post them here but you can check www.deepsouthdivers.org for our calendar also.

R

Hi RavenC,
Thanks for the invite, maybe we'll take you up on it sometime, that is if you allow us Yankees at your outings :wink: I live on the lake and have a boat, was just wondering if there were certain spots better than others, I heard there's some airplanes down there, churches, graveyards, etc. but it's a big lake and would be hard to find them. It is Murky in lower areas but down by the dam it looks really clear.
Thanks again, maybe we'll see you sometime.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom