Hi from San Francisco

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

congratulations on your dream in progress and coming true soon.....I can feel your excitement all the way here in florida...keep up the hard work and keep us informed.

Last edited:
you are going to have a great time. I am 65 years old certified in Feb 2017 2 dives in March 2017 on the GBR in Australia.
stay with it and welcome aboard.

Sorry to hear that things didn't work out for you in January but glad to hear that you still enjoyed yourself and had a great birthday. Best of luck to you though in your upcoming certification dives! You'll do great.

Welcome

Sorry to hear Hawaii didn't work out -- but getting certified in your future local dive conditions will be awesome!

I'm crossing my fingers that conditions are good for you. This fall, winter & early spring has seen many of my planned dive weekends blown out. However, I am optimistic that the weather has now turned and we wont get many more storms. You may want to keep an eye on dive conditions: I use the following link:
Dive Conditions & More | Aquarius Dive Shop

If conditions look very bad, hopefully you can reschedule with your instructor and the hotel if necessary.

Good luck and say hey to the seals and sea lions!

Thanks for that link. That's awesome! I will certainly keep an eye on it.

I'm so excited about next weekend and finally getting certified. I grew up on Long Island and spent all my time in the ocean and on boats but never got certified. I'm finally realizing this decades long dream. I'll be sure to tell the sea lions you said Hi!

Thanks again,
Becca

Sorry to hear Hawaii didn't work out -- but getting certified in your future local dive conditions will be awesome!

I'm crossing my fingers that conditions are good for you. This fall, winter & early spring has seen many of my planned dive weekends blown out. However, I am optimistic that the weather has now turned and we wont get many more storms. You may want to keep an eye on dive conditions: I use the following link:
Dive Conditions & More | Aquarius Dive Shop

If conditions look very bad, hopefully you can reschedule with your instructor and the hotel if necessary.

Good luck and say hey to the seals and sea lions!

Welcome @BikerBecca!

Good luck with your class!
I am also a newbie even though I was certified almost a year ago.

It's tough for me to find a buddy since I am new and want to take things slow: my friends are mostly pro and usually try to get me to tougher locations :)

Great to see someone my skill level joining the community! :))

Last edited:
Becca.....

Sorry getting your cert in Hawaii didn't work out for you, but DON'T give up!! It sounds like you are well on your way to getting certified.

Adam

Back
Top Bottom