Hi from Melbourne

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Since I'm always sniffing around and finding threads from this group, i thought it time to join you, so I'm introducing myself.
I have a teenage daughter who often USED TO ask "Mum, when will you join me diving?". Finally in January, I did my Open Water, and in February did my Advanced - not much time in between but the OW instructor i had enouraged doing the Advance - he said "You'll be a better diver" I've now done 23 dives - mostly shore or pier in Melbourne, and I am a keen newbie. It is getting cold in southern Australia, certainly we'll get down to 6 or 8 degrees in the water. Today I tried on dry suits.... determined to try to stay warm enough to keep diving our southern hemisphere winter. Oh lordy..... getting out of back shoulder zip semi-dry is quite a task. So here I am again, tapping this brains bank, scrolling for information on how to Houdini OUT of a SP Nova Scotia 7.5mm!
Am guessing if i keep posting then, I'm still diving! So... howdy from downunder, thank you for allowing me to join this group.

Welcome aboard!
Going to visit Melbourne next year. Maybe you can tell me about a few nice options for diving?!

Welcome to ScubaBoard. I'm glad you've got shore diving. I've never been in a dry suit; perhaps someone else can help with that.

Richard.

Hello and welcome from another newbie! Shore diving is nice. Less of the pesky motion sickness business from boats 🤮

Hi there! Also Melbourne based. It sure does get colder diving here during winter, even with a 7mm + Sharkskin. One day I'll stump up for a drysuit :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom