Hi from Mel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hi my name is Melissa but everyone I know calls me Mel. I have a pro mono fin from fun and have been swimming with it for about three years now and I have been thinking about getting dive certified and possibly getting some equipment one because it'd be nice to swim all year because there are a few diving centers that have their own little area that you can go and swim all year at around here but also because I've seen a lot of really fun and cool ones I have photo shoots and almost like apartments and other really cool stuff so with doing what I do it would be probably my best interest to venture out but I need some advice about some of the best equipment when it comes to the monofin and just you know advice and tips and any recommendations because I don't know a lot of people in the mermaid community that actually use equipment most of them are just free divers

Hi my name is Melissa but everyone I know calls me Mel. I have a pro mono fin from fun and have been swimming with it for about three years now and I have been thinking about getting dive certified and possibly getting some equipment one because it'd be nice to swim all year because there are a few diving centers that have their own little area that you can go and swim all year at around here but also because I've seen a lot of really fun and cool ones I have photo shoots and almost like apartments and other really cool stuff so with doing what I do it would be probably my best interest to venture out but I need some advice about some of the best equipment when it comes to the monofin and just you know advice and tips and any recommendations because I don't know a lot of people in the mermaid community that actually use equipment most of them are just free divers
Welcome!

I'd be surprised if you are going to find an instructor who'd teach you scuba in a monofin. I have a DMC who will occasionally dive a monofin for fun, when she's not training though it looks a little awkward to me.

As far as equipment goes, you'll probably want your own mask, boots and fins for class, but most shops will rent those to you if you want (I assume you have a mask).

Don't be in a rush to buy equipment, there's a lot of overpriced junk that's marketed at new divers. You can find thousands of equipment threads here. I'd recommend you read a few of those and then ask some questions in the basic scuba area.

Back
Top Bottom