Hi from Holland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cheizz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi there,
Just a short introduction:
40 years old, consultant, living in Hilversum, the Netherlands. I got certified in 2018, but haven't dived much since. Too busy sailing regattas in summer and skiing in winter. But now, I want to pick up where I left when it comes to scuba diving.
I am Advanced Adventurer (SSI) and I have Nitrox certification as well. Looking forward to meeting up with people locally and hopefully adding to the discussion online.

Until now, I have been diving freshwater lakes in the Netherlands for my OW certification and to keep up my skills. Visibility was often not more than 3 to 5 m, water temperature 12 degrees C, in a 7mm wetsuit with big chunky gloves... If you can manage those conditions, warmer and clear waters are a breeze.
I did the specialty dives for my Advanced certification (and some extra) around the island of Elba, Italy. Including night dives.

My plan is to get some more dives in, work on the basics, get my configuration just right - all locally (freshwater lakes, and our beautiful underwater world in Zeeland). I have some ideas for European destinations, including the Alps (rivers and lakes) and the Bay of Naples, Italy.

Welcome to Scubaboard! We're pleased to have you join us and I look forward to reading more of your contributions and and questions you may have.

Lots of learning to be had here!

I am not the kind of guy that collects certifications. There are just two that I really want to get, though, because they really expand my options, both locally and abroad:
Deep diving (up to 40 m)
Current and drift diving (for the North Sea, but also for the Oosterschelde)
Other than that: gaining experience, dives, and routines are my focus for the coming years.

PS: I already have some useful certifications, such as Nitrox

Welkom Cheizz! Good to see the recent Dutch invasion of SB!
A lot of useful info and knowledgeable people here.

Saw that you already found the regional forums too.
Nice focus for the coming years, same plans here at the moment! Any lakes you dive here regularly?

I'm in Hilversum, so Vinkeveen, Bussloo, Tolenburger plas, Blijkpolder, Beldert... all close enough for a dive (or two).

I'm in Hilversum, so Vinkeveen, Bussloo, Tolenburger plas, Blijkpolder, Beldert... all close enough for a dive (or two).

Cool, Beldert is around the corner for me, my LDS. Others are on the list to discover!

haha, I meant the other lakes you mentioned!
Zoelen is 15 minutes from here, so easy and nice to go diving.

Back
Top Bottom