Hi from Germany - Theory meets practical experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sascha314

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi

I am Sascha and from Germany - 42 yrs old married with one little child.
My title was chosen to be a little bit provoctaive so people look into, but there is some truth to it. After school I studied physics and ended up as a researcher in theoretical physics (well I changed field 8 years.ago actually, now working in industry). So the basic theory of diving is kind of more natural and easy for me. The hard part is to do it practically!

I had my first dives during the 90s, all like discovery during vacation. I always wanted to do it on a regular basis, but never did.. so when I was abroad in the USA for a research position I awarded myself with an OWD course doing the open water dives in Monterey Bay.
With a break from 2019 to 2023 for personal reasons I started again this year with a refresher and the stress & rescue course.
Counting everything I had dives in
Hawaii, Monterey Bay California, canarian islands, croatia, egypt, turkey, Bali
And of course several lakes in Germany.
Unfortunately my wife cannot dive for medical reasons and our child is too young.

Now closing the circle to my title: Theoretically interested I once programmed the Buhlmann algorithm for a better understanding. Of course I am not using it, it was j4f.
So I am very much interested in technical diving, but money and time is an issue. Especially I believe I do not have the time to practice as needed. So I am just reading about the theory.

Welcome to SB! You have gotten some very good experience diving in such varied locations in the world.

Thanks for the welcome. Yes I agree its a very good selection of different dive sites especially with the various challenges (entry, exit, temperature, visibility, currents, navigation). Yet so much more to learn and practice 😀

Back
Top Bottom