Hi from Dallas, TX! Need dive club advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi! Hope to find some new scuba friends on here as well as contribute any advise I might have to the threads.

Speaking of advice, anyone have any experience or recommendations as far as Finz or Scubadillo or other Dallas clubs? I am looking to join one. Thanks!

Angie

If you are looking to join the dive clubs for fun, and camaraderie, then they are great. If you are looking to join to teach students within the club, then you are asking for trouble. Everyone in those clubs is affiliated with a scuba shop in one way or another. If they don't have a regular dive shop then they usually will do classes with the instructors that are already in the club. A lot of the divers are affiliated with a local dive shop, or buy scuba gear online, Ebay, Scubatoys, Leisure Pro, etc. They do not take kindly to poaching.
All of the clubs have websites, or Facebook pages. Check them out. For some people dive clubs are great, other people prefer the dive club online, like here, on Scubaboard, at the Texas Swamp Divers forum. That may be a better forum to post your question, to get more replies.

Hi Angie,

There are several clubs in the Metroplex and all have their own personality so to speak. My recommendation is to visit the various clubs by attending a meeting and an outing to get a feel of how you like the club and the people. Remember these are people you will be diving with and you should feel comfortable. Look to see how active the club is and if they have a wide variety of activities.

I am a member of the Diving Rebels Scuba Club based in Arlington who have members from throughout the metroplex. Check out the website www.divingrebels.org, come to a meeting and/or an outing. If you have any questions, send me a PM.

Howdy, I second that on the Diving Rebels and the Texas Swamp Divers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom