Hi From Bonaire! (newbie)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kate B.

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi folks,

Delighted to be here! My husband and I live in the San Francisco East Bay area of California, but recently bought a home on Bonaire and are so excited to call it our adopted home! We love being able to just walk into the water and dive, almost anywhere on the island!

Hope to chat with other divers about Bonaire or meet other divers near us.

All the best,
Kate and Ian

howdy Kate and welcome from south Florida .....

Welcome to SB! I'll be right down with my dive gear! :wink:

welcome Kate. I have actually been looking at the real-estate in Bonaire lately. Have any advice for a future resident :)

I'll be going to Bonaire for my first time in about 6 weeks (early May). Any idea as to what the likely water temp will be?

welcome Kate. I have actually been looking at the real-estate in Bonaire lately. Have any advice for a future resident :)

Rent before you buy. A lot of people can't adjust to living in Bonaire and leave in the first 6 months.

Hi Peter,
Our guests at our house last week said it was about 80 degrees, should only get warmer from here! :)
Enjoy Bonaire!

Kate

I'll be going to Bonaire for my first time in about 6 weeks (early May). Any idea as to what the likely water temp will be?

Hi Chris,
Depends on whether you are buying to move there, or take vacations there and rent the property the rest of the time. (We are the latter.) Loggerhead is right, if you plan to actually move there, I'd rent first for a few months to see how you like it. That said, we love Bonaire, spend as much time as we can, and happily look forward to our eventual retirement there, so for us, the island is definitely a fit!

Kate

howdy Kate and welcome from south Florida .....
Howdy Rushman, thanks for the welcome! What's your favorite dive site on Bonaire? We're biased, our house reef is Andrea 1, so we like being able to walk in, but we also love Something Special and Salt Pier for fish!

Kate

Back
Top Bottom