Hi, first try on the OLY C5060WZ

Grade the pix

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina:
You have to change the mode to Slave, I believe. This will also, if I have read things right, let you control the light by choosing 1 - 10 value (or maybe it's 12?). Anyway, have seen several shots in supermacro with slave 10 setting that are great. I haven't used supermacro yet...too lazy so far!

That's correct. You have to switch to Slave mode in order to use the flash in Macro/Super macro mode. The slave-intensity can be set to 1-10 (Oly5050).
I 'm also impressed of the results using only the internal flash, especially if the visibility is good (no particles in the water).

Look at the following example of a photo taken with Oly 5050's internal flash at a distance of 30-40 cm from subject:

Settings: ISO64, SuperMacro, Exp: Manual, f8.0, 1/160, Flash:Slave-10
Processing: It's a crop of about 50% in height with no color correction

Wow that's great. Thanks fivosv.

SeaPencil:
That's my 1st try on Olympus C5060WZ @ AUR M'SIA DivingTrip. Shallow water 11.6m, good day light & visibility @ 15m far sight. Gliding for about 6 mins, spotted a well posed LIZARD fish lying on sand. Quick snap at the same eye level. GOT it! Freeze its grin with MACRO, F4.8, speed 1/60 sec, without flash, color profile sRGB. Tried on 4 frames n posted the best 4th shot. Jpeg/ HQTY resolu/ no color correction done. Hope u like it or let me have your thought.
Thank you and good day.
Best regards,
SeaPencil
O
o
o
o

Hi Seapencil,

Lizardfish are one of my favorites. I hope you don't mind, but I tried some editing on your photo using Photoshop Elements 2. First I changed the color cast by clicking on part of the lizardfish that is supposed to be gray, then added some red/saturation. This is what it might look like if you use natural light and set the white balance manually underwater by calibrating to a white dive slate or something similar.

Best regards

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom