Hi fellow divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to Scubaboard, Morgan. We're pleased to have you join us.

I've put a couple of items on my Christmas list.

We hope you will also contribute your dive stories and other insights too.

Thank you so much! It's been a strange journey, for sure. I went to fashion school in NYC and designed everything from lingerie to kids clothing for various companies for over a decade. I always liked traveling and adventure, but the thought of scuba diving had just never even occurred to me before. I just happened to try it on vacation and my world shattered. I was already looking for reasons to leave the rat race, but this was the real catalyst. Took a year to travel and dive, doing a few liveaboards and my divemaster in Bali, IDC in Honduras. Once I was settled into my first dive instructor job in Kauai, HI, I really missed drawing, painting, and making art. So I bought some paints and tiny 4'x4" canvas (all i could afford) and started painting fish...usually in outer space and all those little paintings together became my little "army". I had more and more ideas of fun ocean themed prints that I wanted to create and so I made a couple first samples and everywhere I wore them, people wanted to buy them, including the dive shop I was working for! Just been kind of taking things one step at a time since. We just made it into Divers Direct stores this year, and 6 Aggressor boats carry some of our products, as well. It's undeniable that people WANT more fun dive apparel and gear! I wish I could make it all! :)
That's neat, I have a family member who went to Parsons and it was a really interesting experience for them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom