Hi fellow divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spacefisharmy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi there,

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Morgan and I didn't find scuba diving until my 30th birthday. 6 years later, I have travelled to some of the most beautiful and remote places in the world, seen things most people will only ever see on the Discovery Channel, and diving has changed my life in so many wonderful ways that it's impossible to fit it all into a little paragraph.
I eventually left my fashion career in NYC to pursue my divemaster and instructor certifications and have been working mostly on live-aboards since. I realized I had to circle back to my creative side somehow and besides doing some semi-professional photos and videos on board, I decided to create my own line of fun dive apparel. Mostly because when I was underwater, I wanted everyone to know I was the divemaster! Two years later I humbly find myself owning my own business selling my colorful rashguards and leggings to people that are just as bored as I was with black and gray clothing.
So Hi! And Thank you! And if you are interested in spicing up your wardrobe, please check out my website www.spacefisharmy.com
Would love to know what you think :)
-Morgan

Hi Morgan,
Welcome! It must be the "tough guy" background of scuba diving, but it is amazing how scuba clothing is boring at best and ugly at worst, despite being pretty pricey.

I really like the deep-sea angler fish on this rash guard:
Men's Deep Sea Rashguard

I didn't see a size chart linked, though, but kudos for having plus sizes right next to the "straight sizes".

Hi Morgan,
Welcome! It must be the "tough guy" background of scuba diving, but it is amazing how scuba clothing is boring at best and ugly at worst, despite being pretty pricey.

I really like the deep-sea angler fish on this rash guard:
Men's Deep Sea Rashguard

I didn't see a size chart linked, though, but kudos for having plus sizes right next to the "straight sizes".

Thank you, wnissen! The size chart is actually included in the photos on the left, but I see how it is hidden underneath the other photos until you scroll down on them. I will have to fix that :)
I am also in the process of adding more plus size items.

Welcome Morgan!

Those colorful rashguards, headbands and socks look awesome! It's great to see beautiful dive apparel designed by mermaids... We need more of these! Would love to hear more about your transition from fashion to diving (with a design flair!)

I also dig the deep sea print! Do you have any info on how the sizes run? I'm between XL and 2XL on the size chart. I think this'll go on my list for Santa.

Thank you, wnissen! The size chart is actually included in the photos on the left, but I see how it is hidden underneath the other photos until you scroll down on them. I will have to fix that :)
I am also in the process of adding more plus size items.
Gotcha, I see you moved it up, I didn't realize it was down there if I clicked. Thanks!

I also dig the deep sea print! Do you have any info on how the sizes run? I'm between XL and 2XL on the size chart. I think this'll go on my list for Santa.
Thank you! :) That print is all hand drawn and I love the way it came out!
I always suggest people to order a size up if they are unsure about size. Even though they are stretchy, the measurements reflect a pretty tight fit.

Welcome Morgan!

Those colorful rashguards, headbands and socks look awesome! It's great to see beautiful dive apparel designed by mermaids... We need more of these! Would love to hear more about your transition from fashion to diving (with a design flair!)
Thank you so much! It's been a strange journey, for sure. I went to fashion school in NYC and designed everything from lingerie to kids clothing for various companies for over a decade. I always liked traveling and adventure, but the thought of scuba diving had just never even occurred to me before. I just happened to try it on vacation and my world shattered. I was already looking for reasons to leave the rat race, but this was the real catalyst. Took a year to travel and dive, doing a few liveaboards and my divemaster in Bali, IDC in Honduras. Once I was settled into my first dive instructor job in Kauai, HI, I really missed drawing, painting, and making art. So I bought some paints and tiny 4'x4" canvas (all i could afford) and started painting fish...usually in outer space and all those little paintings together became my little "army". I had more and more ideas of fun ocean themed prints that I wanted to create and so I made a couple first samples and everywhere I wore them, people wanted to buy them, including the dive shop I was working for! Just been kind of taking things one step at a time since. We just made it into Divers Direct stores this year, and 6 Aggressor boats carry some of our products, as well. It's undeniable that people WANT more fun dive apparel and gear! I wish I could make it all! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom