hi everyone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stephmac

Reaction score
i'm new to the board, so i just thought i'd intro myself

took ow here in vancouver nov 2002, dove twice in mexico in january, then just came back from 1 month in perhentians (flora bay), aow and now 54 logged dives! just started diving, but there was a diver waiting to get out since i was a kid. perhentians were fantastic, i'm already saving up to go again. i'll be going as far as divemaster, so i can ease the costs of my new addiction by working wherever i go.
points of curiosity - pulau weh, and tonga, so if anyone wants to tell some tales and link some pictures, i'll be checking back.
my farewell dive in perhentian is still vivid in my memory...schools of barracuda, batfish, trevally...napoleon wrasse, bumphead parrots, triggers, all of the usual suspects came to say goodbye...and a massive jenkins whip ray that hovered in around us, then with two or three flaps took off like a fighter jet!!! ooooh i need to get back underwater.:droplet:

Hi, and welcome to the board. Once you have tasted tropical it's hard to get too excited about diving in anything else. If your from Vancouver BC you have some excellent diving in your back yard. We head up north to Vancouver Island a couple times a year to dive. In the mean time Puget Sound and Hood Canal is where we do the bulk of our diving.

I spent 2 weeks in Tonga diving last year. If you have any questions, I will be happy to answer them..(for a nominal fee) and tell you the best sites and the local operations, especially Va'vau.
Cheers Big Ears
The Thunder from down under,
The Gasman

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

hello every one
New person on the scuba board
I am a South African, in Johannesburg, Gauteng i have been a qualified diver for almost 10 years
redoing adv nitrox after 3 yrs due instructor death
The intrusctor was on expedtion to find coelcanths.
Living inland i dive mainly caves and abadoned mines etc...
But on the off chance i get to go to the sea there is nothing better than Sodwana Bay in South Africa.

but glad to diving again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom