Hi everyone.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MedFlame03

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone. I am an Aux Police Officer and EMT from Pennsylvania. I was injured in the line of duty 2 years ago. I was a rescue diver and a recreational diver. I miss diving a lot. and I am hoping to be able to be diving again. I would enjoy talking to you about your dives. Any information you would be able to give me on the training etc for someone that has been trained to dive since 1997. but needs to do some training on diving with some disablity. Take care and please becareful out there. Enjoy

Welcome MedFlame03. I'm a fellow diver from PA. My deepest sympathies on your misfortune. I'm sure you'll find ScubaBoard very helpful on your journey back to the underwater world we all love.

Welcome aboard!

BABE...welcome aboard !!!!! As i told you previously... you will find this board and all its helpful forums VERY addicting !!!!!

I'm going through a HSA (Handicapped Scuba Association) instructor crossover course right now, assuming the rest is as thorough as what I've seen so far I'd have no hesitation recommending you track down one of their instructors to work with.

Here's there web site-Handicap Scuba Association

(Or come out here to California and we'll turn it into a vacation)

Good luck and don't hesitate to drop by and say hello!

Tom

Hey Flame, welcome to the Board and PSD forum. My family is up in the Pocono area, and I will be up that way in a few weeks, feel free to say hello.

Good evening. Thank you for responding to my message. I didn't get anyone else to reply to it. I am from Harrisburg PA area. You will be passing my place within less than a mile while you go to the Poconos. How long have you been diving? Are you a rescue diver as well?

I get up to the Harrisburg area several times a year to hunt and or visit friends. Im not sure what I could do to assist you with diving but would be willing to give it a try.

Joe

To answer your question I guess it would depend on the nature and extent of your disability - whatever it may be I hope you can overcome it

Good evening. Thank you for responding to my message. I didn't get anyone else to reply to it. I am from Harrisburg PA area. You will be passing my place within less than a mile while you go to the Poconos. How long have you been diving? Are you a rescue diver as well?

PM sent.

Back
Top Bottom