hi every one is every one ready for the new season. I am looking for a drysuit.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

on my way wanda

Registered
Reaction score
hi
I am looking for a dry suit I know I do not what a shell style and I wont a good make. My head is spinning with all the different make and types where do I start and I wont other peoples input does any one have any suggestion. :confused:

Welcome to the board On My Way Wanda. I see you live in London so would suggest you see Darren at Divers Down for your drysuit. :wink:

Hi Wanda, Bobito.....
Im from near London.....Zurich (north of Grand Bend), and Im lookin for a drysuit too.....does diver down have a good selection?...helpful, etc? I do my diving mostly out of Kitchener, but wouldn't mind meetin some people from closer to home. PM me, or respond to this thread if you get a chance.

Wetvet

welcome wanda!

I don't know about london, but bobito or aquabella should know who to talk to.

welcome to the best diving grounds anywhere! :wink:

on my way wanda once bubbled...
hi
I am looking for a dry suit I know I do not what a shell style and I wont a good make.

Why don't you want a shell suit?

Your other options are neoprene or compressed neoprene (which is kinda like a shell suit, only more durable).

Neoprene will need half a ton of weight to get you under, since the neoprene itself is bouyant and their bouyancy characteristics change with depth. You are also limited to how much you can wear underneath since they are cut more closely to your body. Neoprene also takes forever to dry out. They are cheaper though, but you get what you pay for.

I just ordered a Bare ATR-HD (trilaminate) suit after a fair amount of research. They are wicked cheap in Canada.

Other good brands:
DUI (pricey)
Diving Concepts (pricey)
Andy's

Trilaminate shell suits, a bit pricey, but very comfortable suits!

Good luck,
Lisa

welcome to scubaboard!

I don't know a thing about drysuits but there is a section called 'Exposure suits' that is full of info! Have a read, ask some questions...these people know everything!

When you get a hold of Darren...make sure to tell him you need the extra short version.:dance: LOL

Glad you finally made it girlie...:nurse:

AaronBBrown once bubbled...

Why don't you want a shell suit?

Your other options are neoprene or compressed neoprene (which is kinda like a shell suit, only more durable).

Neoprene will need half a ton of weight to get you under, since the neoprene itself is bouyant and their bouyancy characteristics change with depth. You are also limited to how much you can wear underneath since they are cut more closely to your body. Neoprene also takes forever to dry out. They are cheaper though, but you get what you pay for.

I just ordered a Bare ATR-HD (trilaminate) suit after a fair amount of research. They are wicked cheap in Canada.

Other good brands:
DUI (pricey)
Diving Concepts (pricey)
Andy's

I have done abit of research the suit your speaking is one I have looked at but out of my price range since I live in Canada not so cheap for me. I was thinking more compressed neoprene by Bare, as well they are a good make and brand.

Aquabella once bubbled...
welcome to scubaboard!

I don't know a thing about drysuits but there is a section called 'Exposure suits' that is full of info! Have a read, ask some questions...these people know everything!

When you get a hold of Darren...make sure to tell him you need the extra short version.:dance: LOL

Glad you finally made it girlie...:nurse:

When I see Darren I well surely tell him I need extra short. I well get right on it!!!!!:nurse:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom