Hi, brand noob from MO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MyEarHurts

Registered
Reaction score
Howdy, just another dude who is trying to learn to dive, unfortunately in the midwest for now ha.

I failed open water due to an eardrum going boom, was wondering which subforum would be good for discussing that and figuring out how to proceed.

Cheers!

@MyEarHurts sorry to hear that for you. You can search through users like @Duke Dive Medicine and find some content about that, but unfortunately there is not much to discuss until you have your ear looked at by an ENT that knows what they're doing with diving and that list is very short.
The best recommendation and the one I hope your instructor told you that day is to call DAN and ask them to refer you to the closest ENT to you that knows what they're doing. It's probably going to be a bit of a drive, but it's worth it to get one that is familiar with diving.

Also, eardrums going boom is likely from a seal on the hood to your outer ear. Make sure that when you get back to diving and have a hood on that as soon as you get your head underwater you pull the hood off of your ears and roll to each side to flood your ear canals with water to prevent that from happening again.

Hi, and welcome. Sorry to hear about the ear drum; check this out -
Diving Physics, Physiology, & Medicine to ask more about this. I see you have another thread going, also.

Missouri has some options, depending on where you are. In southwestern KY, Pennyroyal Blue Springs Resort in Hopkinsville, KY has a nice quarry where a lot of training diving happens. Missouri itself has Bonne Terre Mine.

If certification works out, when you're ready to try a dive trip, any idea where you want to go? We may be able to direct you to a trip report discussing the destination, or comment on it.

Welcome to ScubaBoard and Howdy from Texas! Fix those ears and jump back in the water!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom