Hi all

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akate

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

Just found this place - great! Have been on the net for about 6 months and spent heaps of time at dive-type web sites but never found a place to chat. I've been diving for about 3 years (in Australia). Went to Papua New Guinea last year and hope to go to the Solomons in about 3 weeks. Was booked to go last year but 4 days before we were due to leave, trouble flared up and Honiara Airport was closed. Hence some very quick change of plans and ended up in PNG.

Well, I'm off to further explore this fantastic site and hope to talk to some equally fanatical divers soon.

akate

There are plenty of fanatics here. Most of them fanatic about diving. Just keep one eye open all the time.

Welcome to the boards

Tom

Sounds like you went from 1 dangerous place to another in PNG.I'm from NZ.Were you talking about the uprising in the Solomans? Then you went to see the 'nasty boys'.I hope the trip went well.
Good to have you on board.
Cheers Big Ears,
The Gasman

Hello akate, welcome to the family here at Scubasource. Looks like you've been doing some great diving. We'd love to hear more about it. Meanwhile, kick off your fins, throw your wetsuit on a hanger and enjoy your surface interval with us!

Sea you in the Deep Blue!

Hi akate!

Welcome from your part of the world (kind of). I'm in Guam (the little tiny island right above Aussie!) You planning on doing Truk or Palau? If so...stop and pick me up!

Thanx for your greetings everyone.

Solomons, here I come (hopefully)

The plan is to head to Gizo for a week then over
to Munda for a week. I've heard the diving is
wonderful - I can't wait for that waaarm water.

Problem is I have a reputation for being a jinx
(of sorts!) My dive buddies blamed me entirely
for the uprising in the Solomons last year which
put an end to our trip then. As soon as we
plan a trip (even a weekend one) they sit back and
wait for some disaster to hit - either natural or
man-made.

So, if you hear of a cyclone, tidal wave or military
coup hitting the Solomons in the next few weeks -
blame the MASTER (or is that Mistress) of DISASTER!!

akate

You've come to the right place to talk about the "D" word...
I discovered it in April and have spent more time here than doing other things I should be doing... like WORK!

We'd love to hear about your Solomons trip - hope you have a fab time and no jinxing! :nono: (Is there a diving equivalent for "break a leg"? LOL)

Cheers Ears

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom