Hi all, newbie here.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't speak for your dive centre, but if you're doing your OW course in a drysuit anyway, you will already be covering your pool drysuit orientation and most of the core drysuit skills within the OW dives. This may mean you only need to complete knowledge reviews and one additional dive for drysuit certification. It's not uncommon for drysuit specialty to be offered at a significant discount if combined with OW, but again, check with your centre.

I can't speak for your dive centre, but if you're doing your OW course in a drysuit anyway, you will already be covering your pool drysuit orientation and most of the core drysuit skills within the OW dives. This may mean you only need to complete knowledge reviews and one additional dive for drysuit certification. It's not uncommon for drysuit specialty to be offered at a significant discount if combined with OW, but again, check with your centre.

That is what I am hoping, I am going to see them before training starts as I’ve bought some gear from them I need to collect and they are going to be checking over and servicing some bits I bought secondhand. Fingers crossed!!

Open Water and Drysuit completed this weekend, going to do a peak buoyancy course in the next few weeks then get out there and get diving proper.

Back
Top Bottom