Hi all--from New Orleans!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

davefest

Registered
Reaction score
Not much to say but hello--I'm a newbie, both to SCUBA and ScubaBoard. Been snorkeling for years but finally took the plunge (so to speak) and got certified (PADI) in Panama City Beach last month.

I was happy to be asked for my card when I went to get filled a second-hand tank I bought. I.e., good to know that it actually matters! On the other hand, that was a learning experience, as nobody locally will fill the tank because it was an aluminum tank of of mid-80's vintage. A note to the other newbies: aluminum tanks made through most of the '80s occasionally explode. Actually it's very rare (I think I read that something like 15 out of 7.5 million have exploded), but it's catastrophic enough that many shops (at least here in NOLA) to refuse to fill them.

In case anyone who knows reads this, I'll mention that among some vintage stuff I accidentally bought (eBay...) was an older regulator that I'm curious about. It's a Nemrod Saturn and is old enough to be chrome-shiny metal and pretty cool to look at (image below). I assume some folks collect these, but does anyone know if using one totally impractical? I.e., annual servicing, etc.

NemrodSaturn.jpg

Ok, I guess I had a few things to say other than hello...

Dave

Hello and welcome to the board. Unfortunately I don't know anything about that specific type of regulator.

I was thinking bell. But then I've never heard one ring, so I may not want one anyway. But a lamp sounds interesting. Whatever I do, I'll try to post pix.

d

Welcome to diving. I am just up the road in Baton Rouge. Can't say much about the reg, but hope you enjoy diving.

Thanks fly75 & fab50. Any suggestions for springs or anything else worth diving in our neck of the woods?

I have friends that spearfish in the Gulf. Not for me me. I go to Pensacola or Destin. It can be a drive, but it is the closest decent diving I have found.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom