Hi again, this time from San Francisco, CA. There goes the neighborhood!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guille G

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone! I've been on the board for a year or two, originally from Buenos Aires, Argentina and lived for a few years in Mexico City before moving to Playa del Carmen. I've just moved from Playa to San Francisco, CA so I figured a re-introduction was in order.

I was diving pretty much every weekend for my past couple of years, and got cave certified earlier this year - I'm deeply in love with the jungle, the cenotes and the flooded caves in the Yucatan peninsula and will be headed back there to dive and visit friends two or three times a year.

Work now brought me to SF for the foreseeable future, along with my (non-diving) wife. I've never done any cold water diving so I'm ready to be brought "back to school" here, and looking forward to getting to know the West Coast both in and out the water.

First order of business is doing a dry suit course, because I'm a total child when it comes to cold water. Once I'm fully settled I'll be looking to dive at least one weekend a month, and will be in a lunch/coffe/beer buying mood if any locals are interested to show me around.

So yeah, hi everyone! Lets go diving!

Welcome! There are plenty of folks in the area, and Bamboo Reef is a good shop with locations in SF and Monterey. Any diving worth traveling for in Argentina?

Welcome back, and welcome to Norcal!
You’ll most likely be diving in Monterey.
Get drysuit certified then go do some diving!
It’s a beautiful area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom