Hey I was in Florida in May and took some shots :-)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marriard

Contributor
Reaction score
Which gives you an idea of how far behind I am with getting images ready for my website/catalog....

Only have a few up so far, but already some ones I like....

Male Roughhead Blenny (Acanthemblemaria aspera)
One of the things that Florida/Caribbean waters have that aren't so prevalent in the southern hemisphere are the small blenny species. Here this one if lunging out of his burrow to grab a particle of food. Love the ocellated spots on the foredorsal fin as well.
2007-05-14_04-10-31.jpg

Chromodorididae Nudibranch (Glossodoris sedna
Some nice nudibranchs on this trip as well. This species is supposedly an immigrant species, but I have only ever seen it in Florida.
2007-05-14_03-53-37.jpg

Chromodorididae Nudibranch (Hypselodoris nyalya)
This species is even more interesting as there are not a lot of records of the species. I have now seen it here in Key Largo as well as on the Sapona wreck in Bimini. Nudibranch experts have changed the species family a couple of times and they are still not sure where it should be placed. I just take pretty pictures and let them argue :)
2007-05-14_04-03-10.jpg

Spotted Moray Eel (Gymnothorax moringa))
What big teeth you have!
2007-05-14_03-58-01.jpg

And we had some fun as well...
2007-05-14_00-36-47.jpg

Maybe some more later...

Enjoy,
M

Great pictures. That Blenny is awesome. It is soooo difficult to catch them in that pose because of their speed. You must have stayed there for a while...!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom