Hey..How is Gabi Doing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave Dillehay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I have not seen Gabi Loco since delivering the donation money a few months ago, and couldn't find his house again in a million years. Some of you are closer to him than I , so how about a report Jen? He is still a hero in my book and it would be a shame for him to drift out of our memories.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

My son and I went fishing with Gabi, his wife and Orlando when we were is Cozumel last week. Unfortunately we didn't catch any fish but had a great time talking and drinking! He was in good spirits, same great personality. Definately can use all the financial support friends can offer. He's got a T-shirt business going and his wife is helping him with it, sticking by his side....good woman. I definately think he would like seeing any of his old friends/customers anytime you are in town. Just stop by Opal's Dream (old scuba mau). Most of the boys are still there Monkey, Eddie, Victor, Kung Fu Panda,...anyone of them can contact him.

Why don't we get him to come up with special Cozumel T shirt that we all can buy into, just don't make it Opal's Dream, Scuba Mau or Aldora Diver's specific. I'd buy a bunch!

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

That is the plan dave and it is my fault things aren't going a little faster.I will be in Cozumel on March 24th and hope it is up and running by then.The plan is to have an online store with a link on Opal's Dream web site.You will be able to purchase a shirt and I will make them and mail in the states with all proceeds going to Gabi.I have my graphic designer working on a design this week and hope to have something to show Gabi soon.I don't want to step on Gabi's sales in Cozumel and will talk with him when I come down for the memorial in a couple of weeks.

I visited with Gabi when I was down there a few weeks ago. He was in good spirits. Purchased a couple of tee shirts. Some of us are trying to bring Gabi to the states for a thorough medical evaluation. I'm donating enough frequent flier miles to fly him. There will probably be some type of fund raiser as it gets closer. More details on the facebook page.

I'm a little concerned about the treatment he is getting. He's not getting much therapy, and he has someone (not a doctor) taking him out diving on pure oxygen!

I'm a little concerned about the treatment he is getting. He's not getting much therapy, and he has someone (not a doctor) taking him out diving on pure oxygen!
At what depth does 100% O2 become toxic?

The usual accepted limit in the tech community is 20 feet for 100%.

Which puts it in the ppO2 range of around 1.6 (+/-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom