Hey, hello from Sydney.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fin kicker

Registered
Reaction score
Just getting back into the water, after the plague.
Anyone keen for night dives around Sydney, or wrecks, I'm always ready.

Not from your region, but welcome to ScubaBoard! Not familiar with the Australian diving scene; are you speaking of shore diving or boat diving?

Richard.

Hey Richard, Wreck dining in Sydney is usually from boats.
There are plenty of coastal jumping off points for beach dives at night, where you swim in a smaller area for macro etc.

Thanks for posting link to my web site, but that dive is not one I would recommend to a new diver or one returning after a long time. In fact, you need lots of skill and heaps of bravery to do it.

Regards

Hey Michael, good to meet you. I was posting to show the local History, rather than recommending the Dive.
Your website, is rich in history :) I think Richard above, is in Kentucky.

Thanks for posting link to my web site, but that dive is not one I would recommend to a new diver or one returning after a long time. In fact, you need lots of skill and heaps of bravery to do it.

Regards
I dived the Currajong with Frog Dive a couple of years ago, as part of a Deco course, went on to dive the Coolooli, which was certainly spooky in low light.

I dived the Currajong with Frog Dive a couple of years ago, as part of a Deco course, went on to dive the Coolooli, which was certainly spooky in low light.
Both are good dives for experienced, well trained divers only with the required gear.
I like the Anne Miller at 45m, dive that first ,again, as above.
All the deep Sydney wrecks are not for 'want to be' divers.

Both are good dives for experienced, well trained divers only with the required gear.
I like the Anne Miller at 45m, dive that first ,again, as above.
All the deep Sydney wrecks are not for 'want to be' divers.
Agreed, although I don't think 'want to be divers' would have access to the wrecks. In my experience you need a good skipper, and lots of kit, and most importantly hot dogs.

Agreed, although I don't think 'want to be divers' would have access to the wrecks. In my experience you need a good skipper, and lots of kit, and most importantly hot dogs.
Also agreed, I have not dived those wrecks for a long time, but there was a skipper [I will call him a skipper only because he owned the boat, no names as he is still alive, how I don't know ], who took divers to the Anne Miller who should have NOT dived this wreck, no training for this depth, and gear required for this dive. Single cylinders, no backup gas or deco gas, just a few things missing FFS.
I have saved 4 divers from this wreck, two out of gas on the wreck, one out of gas on the way up to the deco [a civilian OW Instructor], and one narced out of his head lost going the wrong way [pro underwater cameraman filming the wreck], I dragged him to the ascent line and up until he 'snapped out of it', the only one to say 'thank you'.
I was diving this wreck with pro divers only the 3 dives this happened [Navy and 2 civilian commercial divers twice, and Navy divers the last time] we had ALL the required gear and backup [and a chamber on our boat the last time], their boat would be lucky to have O2 and a first aid kit.
This was a long time ago, and WHS have come down on the 'cowboys' since.
Oh, and I remember sitting in the Navy chamber at HMAS Penguin for 4hs 45min with a civilian bent on this wreck, the doctor of underwater medician 'volunteered' me to watch him.
Such fun, and forget the hot dogs, rubbish.
Please take care.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom