Hero3 Black with Blurfix3 SO and macro filters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This thread should be called defying physics
Diopters are designed for lenses that are 80mm or more ideally 100mm
By stacking more and more diopters on a fixed focus lens you end up crashing into the marine life but the magnification is limited as you need to give the fish some space
The reason why you get macro with other cameras is because of the zoom lens as above >80mm the diopter itself only allows you to get closer but magnifies absolutely nothing and real macro means 1 inch frame height by the way not just a closer fish

The filters are called Macro filters or close up lenses I didn't make up the term, read the thread title at least before posting your typical bs. It helps reduce min focus distance and this is the case so as always you have no point, You don't need to go over the top with how many are stacked but you can for some shots, there are no set rules. Experiment have a bit of fun and see what you can get out of the camera, no need for you to try and say what people can and cant do for whatever reasons you think your views and opinions are somehow more then just that.

I remember you saying the gopro is useless and not good enough for even YouTube a while back in your expert opionion, though you corrected that statement after I pointed out what a rubbish statement it was. If you hate gopro's so much just stay out of the gopro section or at least stay out of my threads.

I am glad to stay out of your threads from now on and I'd appreciate if you stayed out of mine as I don't really like forum trolls which is what I think you are. Maybe start your own thread proving how this is impossible with scientific proof (in your head at least, no need to use real tests or science just the words) dont actualy even use what you are claiming to test and dont do any actual tests, just make up opinions and conclusions from your own theories then claim that as definitive proof of whatever your claim is.

No need for you to reply as I dont want this to turn into the other threads, especially when your claim is such complete nonsense.

I think you should go back to your trains, they are waiting :)

---------- Post added February 20th, 2013 at 02:58 PM ----------

Hi Marty.
can I fit [h=2]Blurfix3 SO on Gorpo dive housing for hero 1[/h]I want to use it like a dome clip on filter for macro.
thanks.

The blurfix3 SO will only work with the hero 3 housings, you did say you have the original SRP blurfix so that's your best option for the hero 1 but it has mire limitations due to need a lens for the focus fix and the hero 1's lack of a narrow fov option.

Sorry about the post above but he has got on my nerves the last few months for whatever reason he does what he chooses to do. I have been ignoring him for a couple months but hope he gets my point this time and stood being a forum pest.

I wonder why you get always so aggressive when you don't get your way.
Your same videos are the proof that you cannot have macro with the gopro, not that it takes a scientist to determine that, another person has done it already
[youtubehq]oSipAU1o9zo[/youtubehq]
After stacking two of the highest quality underwater diopters for a total of 11 you get to an object that is bigger than 5cm which is not at all macro (35x24 mm) is just close up. You can see from the video he is already at 2" away which is really the most you should get close if you don't want to accidentally hit what you are filming
A macro filter or close up lens is called like that because with a 100mm lens achieves macro that does not mean that with another camera it would also the lenses you use are poor quality you need to divide at least by 2.5-3 when you take them underwater so you need around 30 diopters of your cheap lenses to produce what is the video above
I am not putting anything else on the thread am done with it so no need for further hysterical rants

Text book definitions, industry accepted definitions and general public/layman definitions.

It can get confusing for beginners to understand all the terms and uses. We can argue like lawyers over words and definitions, or we can look at the intent and results.

Short version.

Thread this clear piece of glass to the front of your GoPro and you can shoot video very close to your subject, which makes the subject look larger. Without the piece of glass your GoPro can only focus 12 inches or more away from your subject which makes it look smaller.

How much larger or smaller ? Similar to what your naked eyes see as you stand 12 inches away vs. 4 inches away. Want to record your subject looking larger than this ? Can't do it with a GoPro.

Nobody needs a scientist to tell Anyone anything and nobody needs interceptors interpretations to know what is or isn't possible. People just want to have a bit of fun and do more with their cameras, thinking outside the box a little and being creative is not a bad thing. It almost seems like your stuck in a physical impenetrable steel box, you should really try and get out of there and get some fresh air and ideas.

I thought engineers were meant to think outside the box and find new ways of doing things, just copying everything done before and limiting yourself to what has already been done as if they are hard written rules wouldnt make a very good engineer. Its not that I am not having my way I just saw your post as completely pointless, I found it hard to see a reason for it beyond trolling. Also by the way that other video you posted is from a good friend and he tried that after seeing my attempts, it was good to see the results with a much better lens and helps show how the cheaper glass options stack up.

As Ron said definitions arent all that important and we are talking about a gopro here so it has obvious limitations that most people can easily see. Does using macro or close up filters allow you to get closer focus with the gopro? Obviously yes and so is this against the laws of physics lol, whatever makes you happy :wink:

If you want to continue this you can do it in pm but i think this should be the end of this I hope.

Marty dont let the "experts" get to you
People have spent thousands of dollars and came back with a lot crappier videos
your effort to help people get the most out of what is a revolutionary little gizmo is much appreciated
i go for results, to heck with all the long words and scientific hubub
Your results are something I can shoot for

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom