Hero 3 Cavern Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thorschosen

Registered
Reaction score
Here's a video from a cavern dive I did this past week near Cancun. I just got the Hero 3 so it was kind of a test to see how it would do in lower light. I shot in 1080p at 30fps with protune off. I was pretty happy with the results. The company I went with only provided very weak spotlights for the parts of the cavern that were completely dark and those didn't show up well. I'm sure if I had better lighting those parts would have looked cool. I didn't use much of that footage because it was so poor.

Chac Mool Cenote Dive - YouTube

cool site. Yes you need flood lights in dark conditions.

Nice. Beautiful dive site. I like your shot choices and editing.

Those conditions were ideal compared to my latest cave dive:

[video=youtube_share;d4XXX8AsPM0]http://youtu.be/d4XXX8AsPM0[/video]

Haha, I see what you mean 3D Diver :) On my dive there were also people complaining about the water being cold (it was about 75 degrees). I was warm enough in a shorty but I would say the water was probably a lot colder on your dive as well :)

I bought the thickest drysuit undies I could afford, so know nothing of water temperature. :D (though my log book says it was ~52F that day)

Here's a video from a cavern dive I did this past week near Cancun. I just got the Hero 3 so it was kind of a test to see how it would do in lower light. I shot in 1080p at 30fps with protune off. I was pretty happy with the results. The company I went with only provided very weak spotlights for the parts of the cavern that were completely dark and those didn't show up well. I'm sure if I had better lighting those parts would have looked cool. I didn't use much of that footage because it was so poor.

Chac Mool Cenote Dive - YouTube

What video editor do you use?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom