Hero 3 Black -LCD with touch back -useless under water?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

g550driver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Took my Hero3 / LCD with touch back down into a pool... The touch back is supposed to be waterproof to 10 feet if I recall correctly.. At about 2 feet, the screen starts to go through the menus / settings by itself.. The camera was useless unless the LCD was turned off. It appears that the pressure even at that shallow depth was causing the touch back to somehow apply enough pressure to the LCD to make it go through random menus and settings..

Anyone else experience the same?

Thx

I have a new Hero 3 Black with pretty much all of the accessories. My wife and I spent several days in Cozumel in January with the new outfit, and I think the best option is to use the camera without the extended battery or LCD for pretty much all underwater applications. The LCD is not much use (too small to see) anyway, and it burns way too much battery. I was getting about 1 hour run time on the standard battery with the protune and wireless set to off, which allowed me to start the camera just prior to getting in, film the entire dive, and shut it down when I got back on the boat. I've posted some of the dives on Youtube if you want to check them out.

I have the hero 2 lcd backpack and used it in coz, a battery was still lasting an entire dive, but the screen is too small and dark to be useful
Wont use it on my next trip

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

I have the Hero 2 with the LCD back. I agree that it is small, but it's not useless. At least I know I got my subject matter into the picture and didn't miss the shot. There is a button on the side to turn it off when not in use. I've never had an issue with the battery, lasts both dives but I don't take continuous videos. I do mostly stills and a little footage. I can't speak for the Hero3 but it seems like a very nice camera.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom