Here we go again, Looks like Guam is about to get hit by another typhoon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rooster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
We haven't even started to recover from the last typhoon that hit us 4 days ago. The island is still without power, and a lot have no water. Now it looks like we are going to get hit by tropical storm Halong. Plus it is supposed to be a typhoon by the time it gets to us. Hope we get to dodge the bullet on this one. I'm asking again for your positive thoughts.

Rooster,

I will keep you and scubabunny in my prayers. Do they ever consider evacuating the island or is there plenty of places to hide? Here in Kansas we have routine procedures for tornados that they start teaching at birth but most houses have a basement or cellar to escape too.

:bunny: KC_Scubabunny :bunny:

Looks like your first one is heading our way. Thankfully the water temp up here is not high enough to sustain a typhoon yet and they are only predicting winds of 75mph!

Good luck
Jonathan

We escaped your first one when headed east and up to the Mainland. I expect as I type this, you are pretty much in the middle of the second one!

I lived on Guam from Mar 92-Dec 94. I was there for Omar and the other four that hit in the next 6 weeks after than, so I can relate. I got water back in four days and power in 2 weeks and I was one of the lucky ones!!

Well, your second storm may be headed our way, especially if it keeps dipping south like it has been. There is also one coming from the other direction that is going to pass south of us.

Don't think we'll be doing much diving for the next week or so ;-0

Here's a handy web site for all you storm watchers:

Joint Typhoon Warning Centre

Looks like Okiniawa is going to miss out on the present ones but Halong could get ya!

Gambatte kudasai
Jonathan

I'm not quite sure when this was posted, but my thought and prayers are with you. Best of luck.:)

Kayla:)

i hope its past you by now
here in the london uk we worrie about smog !
some of us dont realise how lucky we are

Well, as of the last update, Halong was headed right for us and picking up spead as she goes. Hopefully she will turn and follow Chataan!

How is Guam holding up? Storm should be pretty well past you by now.

What difference a day makes!

Yesterday 25 degrees, lashings of rain and high winds. This morning I woke up and not a cloud to be seen and the temp predicted to get up to 35.....

I hope things are improving in Guam....

Jonathan

Back
Top Bottom