Here are some pics with my new camera setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ssra30

Reaction score
Hi, please check these pictures out and let me know what you think. More advices are always appreciated. These pictures were taken a few days ago on my trip to Similan islands and Richelliue Rock. I have Olympus C4040, Ikelite housing and DS125 strobe.
On land, I generally am a point and shoot kind of guy so this is also the first time I attempted some manual setting as well. Thanks god for digital camera :). Anyhow, I tried the Olympus with PT10 and no strobe on a few previous trips but I just got this housing and strobe not too long ago. I was going to try it out on a trip last month but the weather was not cooperating so this trip was also a crash course for my strobe as well. I did try both TTL and manual setting on the strobe as well. my scuba page

I swear that is the third time now that I have seen the same cuttlefish in that area - I reckon they are siamese twins, either that or still very much in lurrve!!

Jonathan

You've got some great shots in there. Is there a way to view them in a larger format, the thumbnails don't show the details.

The Cuttlefish was from Richelliue. There were 4 of them, 1 female and 3 males who are fighting for love :). Unfortunately I had macro lens which I burrowed from the boat and was experimenting. When I saw the cuttlefish, I forgot to take the macro lens off :-(. I was wondering why I was having so much problem and sad tosay, the focus was not ideal. I guess I will need to go back and see if they are still around next season.

I put up a few more larger pics. Look like this is as big as geocities would let me put on the page.I guess I will have to find a better way to post these pics. Dee, thanks for comment, any particular pictures you want to see a larger version of?

Tatescubapic2

I wanted a better view of the macro shots...the shrimp are all cool! I love the Sweetlips, too.

The cuddlefish colors are amazing.

Back
Top Bottom