Hepps Dive Sites as Shore Dives and Coconut Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree - getting there from Turtle Reef, or from a boat, or staying in the complex are all still options. There is a mooring buoy right at the site.

Thanks for letting us know, at least we can still dive it as a boat dive.
You can actually surface swim to it from Macabuca if you are reasonably fit and there are no/light currents. Too bad, but exactly why I cringed every time I saw folks publicizing it as a shore dive here - I treated it as a guarded secret :).

It was inevitable that the condo association would eventually get fed up. Who would want strangers parking in your lot and wandering through your property regularly. I personally don't mind renting a tank from Olin at Sundivers and taking a bit of a swim. Besides, you can relax at Macabuca at the end of your dive.

Well, "fed up" is a bit inaccurate. Divers actually are a good bunch in general and, as the road and the dive station is to the side of the property, most owners and residents didn't even know they were there unless they went looking.

I would say that this is mostly about liability and a little about wear-and-tear, as I said in my first post.

Back
Top Bottom