Hens and Chickens Islamorada 5-25-14 few pix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deeper thoughts

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Needless to say here in the Upper Keys boat and car traffic have been very heavy.

We decided to stay close to home to avoid Captain Budweiser :rofl3:

When we arrived at HC there was one other boat there. Slates and he was full with at least 30 snorkelers. When we surfaced from our dive there were 37 vessels there including jet skis. HC only has 10 mooring balls so needless to say it was crowded. That being said we did not see any other divers and did enjoy a 2 hour dive.

Viz was very nice at 40-45 feet with the usual particles in the water

No current and flat calm seas. Water temp was 79

A pretty big Tarpon was in our vicinity most of the dive.

I do believe the beginning of a bait ball is forming, we will see.

IMG_0432-1_edited-1.jpgIMG_0470-1_edited-1.jpgIMG_0477-1_edited-1.jpgIMG_0492-1_edited-1.jpgP1010051_edited-1.jpgP1010064_edited-1.jpgP1010075_edited-1.jpgP1010079_edited-1.jpgP1010084_edited-1.jpg

I do believe the beginning of a bait ball is forming, we will see.

nice report/pics. observed a small one on the SG as well! about that time.,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

How were the crowds up north?

How were the crowds up north?

boats and jet skies everywhere! SG, bendwood, French and molasses were crowded. scotty la rusa(longtime FWC officer) told me @ OD's fuel dock this morning, that few resource violations have been issued. majority of violations, you guessed it, BUI(boating under the influence) primarily @ Tavernier, snake and whale harbor creeks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Captain Morgan and Ensign Budweiser always put in an appearance this time of year. I hope the keep pulling them off the water. They make me stay home when the seas are F=L=A=T. Great report.

Today there was a huge morning crowd at my favorite, DJ's Diner. They were hopping and Elena jumped into bus a few tables for them. As always, it was delish.

Captain Morgan and Ensign Budweiser always put in an appearance this time of year. I hope the keep pulling them off the water. They make me stay home when the seas are F=L=A=T. Great report.

Today there was a huge morning crowd at my favorite, DJ's Diner. They were hopping and Elena jumped into bus a few tables for them. As always, it was delish.

Though it was crowded, nobody was fishing inside the spa and everybody seemed to be having a real good time

I stay away from the keys during this weekend. It's far to hectic. A few years ago I got caught in 8 hr traffic jam from Key West to Key Largo. Never again.

The 18 mile stretch was backed up to the turnpike. If I didn't live here we would also avoid it

One of my favorite places to eat in Key Largo :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom