Henderson Thermoprene

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Twoblues

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Henderson's new Thermoprene is said to be a better insulator because it's bubbles don't compress with depth as easily as other neoprenes. True? Mike F.

Could be. I tried on a Thermoprene suit in the shop but ended up choosing Henderson's lower tier material, X-Span (Neosport), over the Thermoprene because the Thermoprene was not elastic enough for my comfort. Of course, it's entirely possible--even likely--that Thermoprene is the better insulator. I suppose it's possible I traded off insulation for comfort.

I just bought a new wetsuit. Wanted the new Henderson Thermoprene because I'd heard good things, but the sizing appears to have changed since I bought my last Henderson. Unfortunately, I couldn't find an "off the shelf" model to fit. Ended up with an Aqualung.

Henderson's new Thermoprene is said to be a better insulator because it's bubbles don't compress with depth as easily as other neoprenes. True? Mike F.

I don't know why it's warm, but I find my two Thermoprene suits to be toasty. Have a 3mm shorty that I've used when others are in full wetsuits and it keeps me comfortable. I have a new 7mm full suit that I've only worn in the pool so far, but it is very warm. It also feels a bit stiff, but I really don't have anything to compare it to as this is my first 7mm wetsuit.

Best,
-Tim

Hello pj: Have you ever looked at[ Leisurepro.com] for gear?

Yup....but I guess I've learned not to trust the charts for the fit of a wetsuit, so that's one of the things I typically buy at my LDS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom