Henderson Thermoprene Warmth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

are you serious?

Water temps will be about 42 degrees when I do checkouts this weekend. We have a snorkel and two SCUBA dives to conduct. Min BT for a training dive :15, but we should be able to make :25 to :30 dives. I bring a large propane turkey fryer to heat water and it provides 8-10 divers with plenty of hot water. We pre heat the suits before the dive and they will use it again as they return. Gloves and hoods soak during the SI.

Another point about the hot water: make sure it's not too hot. I saw a buddy pour water into his wetsuit out of his steel thermos that he assumed, incorrectly, had cooled down to a comfortable level. Ouch. Really warm, but not too hot.

I dive in Northern California the water temp is 42-44 deg at 40ft I dive with a Quad polar and it's not the dive that chills me it's the SI. I try to cover up with something that will help the wind from evaporating the water on my suit. that will cool you down as well. The hot water does work as well.

For those of you that use this suit. Can you say how it fits? Does it stetch like the hyperstretch? The wife is a busty 14+ at 5'6" and was wondering if it would work?

Back
Top Bottom