Henderson Thermoprene vs. Hyperstretch (long term durability)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We had Henderson Hyperstretch suits. I sold both my 5mm and 3mm full suits on ebay and bought Pinnacle Elastastretch suits instead. My husband still has his 3mm Hyperstretch, which after 125 dives is more like a 1mm microprene in thickness. That suit really compressed quickly!

The reason I switched to Pinnacle was because of the neck and wrist seals. My Hyperstretch allowed a lot of water to run down my back where as the Pinnacle allows very little to no noticeable water intrusion. I'm far warmer in my 3mm Pinnacle than I ever was in my 5mm Hyperstretch.

Just my experience.

I highly recommend the Pinnacle product. My wife and I both dive Pinnacle suits cold and warm, the elastaprine 3mm is perfect for warm water. After a couple of bad wetsuit choices based on money we gave pinnacle a try after getting over the price point issues. I would be hard pressed to go with a wetsuit selection based on price ever again. My suggestion is to select a suit that fits properly and has the features you want for protection and warmpth.

Good luck finding what you want.

Steve

I highly recommend the Pinnacle product. My wife and I both dive Pinnacle suits cold and warm, the elastaprine 3mm is perfect for warm water. After a couple of bad wetsuit choices based on money we gave pinnacle a try after getting over the price point issues. I would be hard pressed to go with a wetsuit selection based on price ever again. My suggestion is to select a suit that fits properly and has the features you want for protection and warmpth.

Good luck finding what you want.

Steve

Thanks. I figured in 3mm thickness almost any suit is going to be more or less elastic. Since LP did not have any 3mm Seals or Elastiprene suits in my size I figured I'll get a 5mm stretchier suit when I actually need it down the line. Many people complain about Pinnacle neck seal - do you experience any kind of discomfort with that? Thanks.

We have had no problems with the neck seals. They did take a little practice getting the technique down while putting the suit so they are consistently comfortable now, however the first couple of times they were a little awkward feeling mostly due to operator error. Now that we know how to position the neck seal prior to zipping up we love them.

S

We have had no problems with the neck seals. They did take a little practice getting the technique down while putting the suit so they are consistently comfortable now, however the first couple of times they were a little awkward feeling mostly due to operator error. Now that we know how to position the neck seal prior to zipping up we love them.

S

Do you agree with reviews that say that 3mm Pinnacle suit is more like 5mm any other brand due to the neck seal of the suit? What is so special about their neck seal design that none of the other suits have? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom