Henderson thermaxx vs thermoprene

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ak1

Registered
Reaction score
Could someone please explain in layman's terms the difference between the two. As thermaxx is not sold on line is it safe to assume it is more expensive than thermoprene? Thank you.

The thermaxx has a lining in it ("fire fleece") that keeps you warmer than the unlined thermoprene suits. The thermaxx are for expensive, but IMO worth it.

Thank you for the reply.

Not THAT much more expensive but definitely worth it.

I recently replaced my Thermoprene with Thermaxx. I also agree it's worth it. It is much easier to get into wet or dry.

The big surprise for me was its buoyancy. I had my old wet suit for 6 - 7 years. The first time I used the new Thermaxx I had to add 4 pounds of weight in order to descend. I have a 5 mm and use it even in the warmest water. I tend to get cold at depth. I'm hoping once it breaks in a bit I can remove the added the weight.

Aside from the extra weight I love it.

It is just a pain in the neck that they don't sell it on line. I might end up with waterproof or some other brand for that reason alone.

I recently replaced my Thermoprene with Thermaxx. I also agree it's worth it. It is much easier to get into wet or dry.

The big surprise for me was its buoyancy. I had my old wet suit for 6 - 7 years. The first time I used the new Thermaxx I had to add 4 pounds of weight in order to descend. I have a 5 mm and use it even in the warmest water. I tend to get cold at depth. I'm hoping once it breaks in a bit I can remove the added the weight.

Aside from the extra weight I love it.

It could be the suit but new wetsuits are often more noticeably buoyant than old well used ones. Once the suit has been used many times and has gone through much compression and expansion it will lose some of its properties including its buoyancy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom