Henderson Semi-Dry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zircrose

Reaction score
Hey everyone I just bought a Henderson semi-dry suit and since I used this forum to make my decision on the suit I thought I tell everyone about it. I usually have a hard time finding a suit that fits me because I’m 5’10 and weigh 145 my suits are often lose around my chest. I had tried on a medium Henderson suit before and noticed that the legs and arms had a little extra length but it was still a little lose in the chest, even though the Henderson website says the small is for people that are 5’8” I ordered one and hoped for the best, when I tried it on it fit perfect very snug around the chest and the length was just fine. I bought it at divers-discount.com for only $300 :D and its usually around 400. Needless to say I’m very pleased with it I tried it out this weekend and it kept me warm in waters that were below 50 so it will do nicely in the Oregon waters until I can get a dry suit.

Glad the suit worked out for you. I will be in the market for a new exposure suit soon myself. I will keep the semi dry's in mind.

Thanks for the info, i am going thru a pretty extreme venue change shortly. Cuba for the last year or so back to New England. I am definatley going to need something warm. Spoiled w/ 80+ degress at 100'.......

I have a semi-dry. It's a great wetsuit. I'm not sure it earns the title "semi-dry" though. There's a barrier behind the zipper that (I assume) is supposed to slow the exchange of water there. But the zipper does leak a bit and you will feel it. I find that the intergrated hood doesn't let in any water at all (although I usually did feel water coming in when I wore a separate hood with other suits). The wrist seals and ankle seals are no different from any other wetsuit (i.e. not like drysuit seals) but they are top notch. Is this the best 7mm wetsuit I've seen? Absolutely. Is it really semi-dry? I think there are other brands that might accomplish this better.

But I still love mine! Hope I don't confuse anyone...

A shop owner once told me he didn't like the term "semi-dry" either and that it was a misnomer.

Quote: "That's like saying you're semi-pregnant. Ain't no such thing. You either are or you're not."

Yeah it's not really dry suit like at all, I thought it would have a dry zipper and seals around the wrist and ankle which it doesn't but it is the warmest wet suit I've used and fits nicely.

I used to dive in a Henderson Semi Dry and it was very good! A really well made suit. Semi Dry is a minomer it's really just a full suit with an attached hood. I have Dry Suit now but I'll definately keep the suit for some dives. Also the Gold Core makes for minimul flushing.

If you turn the end of the sleeves over (gold side up) then wear gold core gloves you will be amazed how much warmer your hands will be. It creates an awesome seal (gold to gold) Try it.

My buddy dives this suit and loves it. We were in water in the mid-40s the other day and he was fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom